Pioneers in Item Unique Identification marking
At its inception, the Department of Defense's (DoD) Item Unique Identification policy was crafted with an eye to addressing long-standing supply chain, asset management and accountability issues. Monode was there at that inception. As an industry participant, Monode actively participated in the arduous development of the policy and has established itself as one of the premier providers of IUID hardware, software and consulting expertise.
IUID policy is intended to:
- Improve the efficiency and accuracy of data collection by leveraging the use of barcodes
- Provide asset visibility no matter who owns a system or item
- Lower the total life-cycle cost of all items and systems in the inventory
- Provide reliable and accurate data for improved logistics and engineering analysis
- Improve access to historical item data from date of manufacture to final disposal
- Facilitate DoD's ability to provide Congress a clean audit opinion as required by the 1990 Chief Financial Officer's Act
- Improve the ability of the warfighter to make operational plans based on more reliable data
Monode's component marking solutions provide adherence to DFARS clause 252.211-7003 assuring quality and accountability of the warfighters' assets.
Service-Disabled Veterans Program
Monode is an avid supporter of getting our service men and women back to work once they have returned from deployment. Our Service-Disabled Veterans Training Program was developed to provide technical training in part-marking and asset tracking technologies. These veterans are now employed across the United States supporting both DoD and commercial customers in their asset tracking needs.